- The line that divides or acts as a legal border between adjacent properties.
edge, border, bounds, line
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agreed Boundary — Definition,
- Property lines that are drawn to settle a dispute between neighbouring property owners.
- Buffer Strip — Definition,
- This refers to a parcel or stretch of land that separates two pieces of property.
- Encroachment — Definition,
- An improvement, such as a fence, that illegally extends onto another property or impedes the neighbour's use of that property.
- Metes and Bounds — Definition,
- A surveyor's legal description of a parcel of land, defined by measurements and angles.
- Subdivide — Definition,
- To split something (like a plot of land) into smaller sections.
- Survey (srvy) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in surveyed land.
- A map executed by a licensed surveyor, which sets down precisely the boundaries of a given property as well as improvements, references to known landmarks, and the property's notable features.