- An area equal to 100 meters by 100 meters.
land measurement, piece of land, plot, unit of area
hectre, measurement, acre
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Acre — Definition,
- 43,560 square feet. A plot of land 180 by 242 feet is one acre.
- Arpent — Definition,
- An area equal to about 0.845 acres, traditionally used in France, Quebec and Louisiana. Nowadays, hectares and acres are more commonly used measurements of area.
- Land — Definition,
- The solid ground of the earth. This can include everything under it and over it. For example, Condominium Acts do divide land horizontally thereby limiting the vertical ownership.
- Land Lot — Definition,
- A piece of land owned by an individual or entity.
- Plat — Definition,
- A map that shows a parcel of land and how it is subdivided into individual lots. Plat maps also show the locations of streets and easements.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.
- Survey (srvy) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in surveyed land.
- A map executed by a licensed surveyor, which sets down precisely the boundaries of a given property as well as improvements, references to known landmarks, and the property's notable features.