Canadian Investor Protection Fund
- A not-for-profit organization formed to protect investors in the event that a CIPF member declares bankruptcy. The Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) is funded by its members and is capable of providing up to $1,000,000 in coverage.
Non-profit organization that provides investor protection for investment dealer bankruptcy.
investor protection fund
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) — Company Est. 1967, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Important,
➥ Government of Canada federal crown corporation.
- A crown corporation that provides deposit insurance against the loss of deposits made with member financial institutions.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ See also Fellow, Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP).
- A designation for professionals working in the casualty and property insurance industry.
- Chartered Insurance Professionals' Society (CIP Society) — Company,
- An society for FCIP and CIP graduates.
- Institute of Canadian Bankers — Company,
- An institute that provides education and training programs specific to professionals in the financial-service industry
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) — Company, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Important,
- An organization that regulates, sets standards, and has quasi-judicial power over securities dealers in Canada.
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) — Acronym, Very Important,
- Insurance that covers professionals for liabilities occurring due to negligence or harm in a product or service they provide.
- Securities/Investment Dealer — Definition,
- One who acts as the agent for another party to buy and sell securities and other investments; also an underwriter.
- Security — Definition,
- A tradable financial implement that represents ownership, the rights to ownership or debt.
- Property designated as collateral.
- A document stating ownership of a stock or bond.
- Underwriter — Definition,
- An entity that issues and distributes financial products including equity capital, credit, mortgages, and insurance.