Institute of Canadian Bankers
- Educational institute that provides career-oriented education and training programs to financial-services professionals.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ Accreditation offered by Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals (CAAMP).
- The Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) is the only national proficiency standard created by CAAMP for Canada's mortgage industry.
- Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) — Company Est. 1891, Canada, Very Important,
➥ One of Canada's oldest business associations.
- Professional industry association that provides information, research, advocacy, education and operational support services primarily to the banking industry.
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) — Company Est. 1969, Canada, Important,
➥ Non-profit organization that provides investor protection for investment dealer bankruptcy.
- A Canadian not-for-profit that protects investors from a CIPF members' bankruptcy.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ See also Fellow, Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP).
- A designation for professionals working in the casualty and property insurance industry.
- Insurance Institute of America (IIA) — Company,
- An organization in America for developing curriculums, administrating examinations and providing certification programs for professionals in various insurance industries.
- Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) — Company Est. 1899, Canada,
- A group of insurance professionals who work together to provide education and training programs, professional development, and networking for students and insurance professionals.
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) — Company, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Important,
- An organization that regulates, sets standards, and has quasi-judicial power over securities dealers in Canada.
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) — Acronym, Very Important,
- Insurance that covers professionals for liabilities occurring due to negligence or harm in a product or service they provide.