- Protecting historical and culturally important buildings, structures or environments like a park or garden. Some homes in Canada are granted special designation and protected by federal, provincial or municipal law preventing tear down or defacing of the property. The Heritage Canada Foundation acts as Canada's lead advocacy for heritage buildings and structures.
protect historical property, preserve culture
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Building Permit (BPmt) — Abbreviation,
- Authorization by a local government to construct or repair a structure.
- Contributing Property — Definition,
- Buildings within a historic district are either contributing or non-contributing properties with regards to historic value.
- Historic Preservation (HP) — Acronym,
- A movement to protect buildings with historic value from destruction or extensive renovation.
- Historic Structure — Definition,
- Important structure significant to history