- A process to protect buildings with historic value or significance from destruction or extensive renovation.
preserving landscapes and landmarks, conservation, environment safeguard, repair, restoration, historic renewal, protection of historic buildings
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Architectural Significance — Definition,
- How important a structure is.
- Contributing Property — Definition,
- Buildings within a historic district are either contributing or non-contributing properties with regards to historic value.
- Heritage Conservation — Definition,
- Protecting historical and culturally important buildings, structures or environments like a park or garden.
- Historic Structure — Definition,
- Important structure significant to history