Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- environment safeguard
- preserving landscapes and landmarks
- protection of historic buildings
- historic renewal
Definition of Historic Preservation
- A process to protect buildings with historic value or significance from destruction or extensive renovation.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Heritage Conservation — Definition,
- Protecting historical and culturally important buildings, structures or environments like a park or garden.
- Contributing Property — Definition,
- Buildings within a historic district are either contributing or non-contributing properties with regards to historic value.
- Historic Structure — Definition,
- Important structure significant to history
- Architectural Significance — Definition,
- How important a structure is.