Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of Historic Structure
- A building or structure, like a bridge, that has some significance pertaining to history and/or architecture and is registered as so by the Canadian Government or local municipality.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Heritage Conservation — Definition,
- Protecting historical and culturally important buildings, structures or environments like a park or garden.
- Contributing Property — Definition,
- Buildings within a historic district are either contributing or non-contributing properties with regards to historic value.
- Building Permit (BPmt) — Abbreviation,
- Authorization by a local government to construct or repair a structure.
- Not in My Backyard (NIMBY) — Acronym,
- Opposition from residents for proposed buildings or structures in a neighbourhood.
- Historic Preservation (HP) — Acronym,
- A movement to protect buildings with historic value from destruction or extensive renovation.
- Architectural Significance — Definition,
- How important a structure is.