- A group of individuals, which can be regional or national in scope, who work together to provide ongoing education and maintain professional standards for underwriters in a certain field. Most, but not all, underwriters associations are non-profit, and they provide underwriters opportunities for networking and career development.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ See also Fellow, Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP).
- A designation for professionals working in the casualty and property insurance industry.
- Chartered Insurance Professionals' Society (CIP Society) — Company,
- An society for FCIP and CIP graduates.
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter — Definition,
- A designation for professionals working in the property and casualty insurance and/or risk management fields.
- Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) — Company Est. 1899, Canada,
- A group of insurance professionals who work together to provide education and training programs, professional development, and networking for students and insurance professionals.
- Lloyd's of London — Company,
- A market for insurance and reinsurance based in London, England where Lloyd's members, underwriters and financial backers can spread and share risk.
- Lloyd's Syndicates — Definition,
- A group of Lloyd's of London underwriters.
- Reciprocal Insurance Exchange — Definition,
- A group of individuals, firms and corporations that mutually insure each other.
- Underwriter — Definition,
- An entity that issues and distributes financial products including equity capital, credit, mortgages, and insurance.
- Underwriting Guide — Definition,
- The rules and guidelines an underwriter must follow while writing policies.