- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
- yacht damage waiver (YDW) — Acronym
- yacht insurance — Definition
- Insurance that covers yacht and pleasure boat owners for damages and liability.
- year-end statement — Definition
- A report sent to the borrower each year. The report shows how much was paid in taxes and interest during the year, as well as the remaining mortgage loan balance at the end of the year.
- year-to-date (YTD) — Acronym
- The period, no longer than twelve months, beginning at the start of a fiscal year up to the reported date.
- yearly maximum pensionable earnings (YMPE) — Canada
- The maximum limit to the amount of pensionable earnings a contributor would receive from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). This value is indexed annually by the Canadian Federal Government and used in the calculation of the CPP Bridge Benefit. Pensions increase based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- ➥ A term used relation to the Canadian Pension Plan.
- yearly price protection method — Definition
- A calculation used to determine the annual cost of protection for insurance policies with savings components.
- yearly probability of dying — Definition
- The likelihood that an individual of a certain age and gender will die within a year.
- yearly probability of living — Definition
- The likelihood that an individual of a certain age and gender will still be alive after a year has passed.
- yearly renewable group term insurance — Definition
- A group insurance policy that is annually reviewed to keep premiums manageable.
- yearly renewable term (YRT) — Acronym, Important
- yield-to-maturity (YTM) — Definition
- The internal rate of return on an investment. Typically takes into account all investment returns and their timing.
- York University (YU) — Company, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- York University Finance and Investment Club (YUFIC) — Company, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Search the Glossary
- Yacht Insurance
- Yearly Price Protection Method
- Year-end Statement
- Yearly Renewable Group Term Insurance
Mortgage RatesMortgage rates are at the lowest they've been in years. Lock in while you still have a chance to take advantage of these historically low rates.
Best Mortgage RatesWith a lower mortgage rate, it's easier to afford a better home and what you save on interest can go directly toward paying off the principal value of your property faster. Make sure you get the best rates in Canada on your mortgage, apply today.
Amazing Mortgage CalculatorWe don't like to boast, but we think the our new mortgage calculator is amazing. It can automatically generate charts and graphs that correspond with the rates, terms and amortizations that you enter, while letting you compare two different mortgages side-by-side. And if you're feeling feisty, you can even add in lump sum payments and see how they affect your mortgage.