- Smithers Airport (YYD) — Acronym, Smithers, British Columbia, Canada,
- Smoke Alarm (alarm-s) — Abbreviation,
- Snake River Airport (YXF) — Acronym, Snake River, Yukon, Canada,
- So-Use Credit Union — Company, Ontario, Canada,
➥ A Canadian NHA approved mortgage lender that offers all lending types, including both residential single family and multi-unit mortgages.
- Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) — Acronym,
- Social Credit Party (SOCRED) — Company, Canada,
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
- Every person who has an income or pays taxes must apply for this number, which is assigned by the Government of Canada. You must, by law, provide this number to financial institutions with which you have an interest-bearing deposit account.
➥ A nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. Banks may also request your SIN for tax purposes or to verify credit checks.
- Social Rate of Return (SRR) — Acronym,
- Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (SSDIB) — Acronym,
- Social Work (SW) — Acronym,
- Societé Canadienne d'Hypothèques et de Logement (SCHL) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ French acronym for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
- Societé d'Assurances-Dépôts du Canada (SADC) — Company, Canada,
➥ French acronym for Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Societe de l'Assurance Automobile du Quebec (SAAQ) — Company, Quebec, Canada,
➥ A corporation under the authority of Quebec's Minister for Transport.
- Société du Crédit Agricole du Canada (SCA) — Company, Canada,
➥ French acronym for Farm Credit Canada.
- Société Immobilière Trans-Québec (SITQ) — Acronym, Quebec, Canada,
➥ French acronym for Trans-Quebec Real Estate Company.
- Society for the Preservation of Historic Thornhill (SPOHT) — Company, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) — Company,
- Global data processing system used by banks.
- Society of Actuaries (SOA) — Company Est. 1889, United States,
- Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters (SCPCU) — Acronym,
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) — Company Est. 1998, Canada,
- Provides domestic and international advice on trust and estates, including planning, administration and related taxes.
➥ Known as STEP Canada.
- Socio-Economic Status (SES) — Acronym,
- Soil Percolation Test (Perc test) — Abbreviation,
- Sold (sld) — Abbreviation,
- Sole Proprietorship — Definition,
- A business owned by an individual where no legal distinction is made between the business and the owner.
- Solicitor Information — Definition,
- When you apply for a mortgage you will need a law firm with a lawyer's name and their contact information which would typically include the office location, phone number, fax number and e-mail address.
- Solvency — Definition,
- To be able to meet one's financial liabilities in the short or long term.
- South Asia Partnership (SAP) — Acronym, Canada,
- South East Edmonton Seniors Association (SEESA) — Company, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
- South Indian Lake Airport (XSI) — Acronym, South Indian Lake, Manitoba, Canada,
- South Interlake Credit Union (SICU) — Company Est. 1990, Manitoba, Canada,
➥ Now call Sunova Credit Union.