Terms Starting with S
- Sault Ste Marie Airport (YAM) — Acronym, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada,
- Save-As-You-Earn (SAYE) — Acronym,
- Savings Account — Definition,
- A financial account that pays interest with low risk.
- Savings-and-Loan Association (S&L) — Acronym,
- Saxon Funds Management Limited (SFML) — Company, Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
- Schedule I Banks — Definition,
- A designation in the Bank Act that refers to Canadian-owned banks that are widely held, i.e., ones in which no one owner holds more than 10% of shares.
- Schedule II Banks — Definition,
- A designation in the Bank Act that refers to foreign-owned banks and closely held Canadian banks, i.e., banks in which an owner may hold more than 10% of outstanding stock.
- Schedule III Banks — Definition,
- Foreign banks not incorporated under the bank act that are allowed to conduct business in Canada.
- Schefferville Airport (YKL) — Acronym, Schefferville, Quebec, Canada,
- Schematic Designs — Definition,
- Structural plans for a building's mechanical systems, such as its plumbing and electrical functions.
- Schwab and England Activities of Daily Living (S-E ADL) — Acronym, ➥ In regards to Parkinson's Disease.
- Scotia Bank Place (SBP) — Acronym, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, ➥ Ottawa Senators home arena.
- Screen Enclosure (PSE) — Acronym,
- Screened Porch (scrnd prch, scrnd porch) — Abbreviation,
- Seaplane Base Airport (YTP) — Acronym, Tofino, British Columbia, Canada,
- Seasonal and Irregular (SI) — Acronym,
- Seasonal Unemployment — Definition,
- The loss of jobs due to changes in the climate and other conditions. Forestry, fishing and construction are affected by climate, while retailing is affected by seasons and holidays. For instance, at Christmas, retail employment is higher than in January.
- Seasonally-Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) — Acronym,
- Sechelt Airport (YHS) — Acronym, Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada,
- Second Home — Definition,
- An additionally purchased property, often a vacation or a rental property.
- Second Home Mortgage — Definition, Important,
- A mortgage used purchase property, often a vacation or a rental property.
- Second Mortgage — Definition, Important,
- A mortgage which ranks after a first mortgage in priority on a registered land title.
- Second-To-Die Insurance — Definition,
- Life insurance that only pays a death benefit when both spouses have died, commonly used in estate planning.
- Secondary Market — Definition,
- A market where financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, options and futures are bought and sold to investors.
- Secondary Mortgage Lender (SML) — Acronym,
- A lender that offers mortgages, often through a mortgage broker.
- Secondary Mortgage Market — Definition, Important,
- The trade in home loans that are bundled together and sold as securities to investors. It frees money so more people can get mortgages.
- Secretary (Secy) — Abbreviation,
- Sector Adjustment Loan (SECAL) — Acronym,
- Secure Electronic Commerce Environment (SECE) — Acronym, ➥ Online payment system developed by Fujitsu Limited, Hitachi, Ltd., and NEC Corporation.
- Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC) — Acronym,
Sault Ste Marie Airport -