- Accounts Payable Accounting and Reporting System (APARS) — Acronym,
- Accounts Payable Module (APM) — Acronym,
- Assigned Storage (stor) — Abbreviation,
- Absolute Priority Rule (APR) — Acronym,
- A rule where creditors get paid before a shareholder on outstanding debts or claims when liquidating or reorganizing a company.
➥ In relation to creditor claims.
- Automated Valuation Model (AVM) — Acronym, Important,
- An accurate "real-time" estimate of market value for residential properties in Canada.
- Arpent — Definition,
- An area equal to about 0.845 acres, traditionally used in France, Quebec and Louisiana. Nowadays, hectares and acres are more commonly used measurements of area.
- Average Price Index (API) — Acronym,
- Atlantic Standard Time (AST) — Acronym, Eastern Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island, Canada,
- Amos Airport (YEY) — Acronym, Amos, Quebec, Canada,
- Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) — Acronym, Very Important,
- Securities backed by a pool of assets.
➥ Financial security made up of a bundle of assets.
- Accountant (acct) — Abbreviation,
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) — Acronym,
- Secure electronic funds transfer (EFT) system that connects all US financial institutions.
- Annuity Certain — Definition,
- A type of annuity that makes payments to the annuitant for a set term; payments stop when the agreed upon term ends, even if the annuitant is still alive after the term ends.
- Alta West Mortgage (AWM) — Company, Canada-wide,
- Accident and Indemnity (A&I) — Acronym,
➥ An insurance liability agreement.
- Air Installations Compatible Use Zones (AICUZ) — Acronym,
- Administrator (admin) — Abbreviation,
- Accidental Death & Disablement (AD&D, ADD) — Acronym,
➥ A life insurance policy that offers payouts to policyholders and their dependents in the event of an accident causing death or serious impairment.
- Account Agreement — Definition,
- An agreement that you sign and which lists your rights and responsibilities and the bank's rights and responsibilities for the bank account.
- Anti-Money Laundering Regulation (AMLR) — Acronym,
- Adjustable Rate Preferred Stock (ARPS) — Acronym,
- Average Weighted Prime Lending Rate (AWPLR, AWPR) — Acronym,
➥ The more common acronym is AWPLR.
- Aerial Photo (aerl) — Abbreviation,
➥ The abbreviation "arel" is commonly used in property listings. Indicates that an aerial photograph of the property is available.
- Alberta Motor Association (AMA) — Company, Alberta, Canada, Important,
➥ Provincial branch of Canadian Automobile Association / American Automobile Association.
- Advance (adv) — Abbreviation,
- Appraised Fair Market Value (AFMV) — Acronym,
- Appraisal Report — Definition,
- A detailed evaluation of the value of a property based on an inspection and a review of the values of nearby, comparable properties.
- Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) — Company, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Important,
- Regulatory agency responsible for administering the Province of Alberta's securities laws.
➥ A member of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA).
- Acquiring Financial Institution — Definition,
- Merchants must maintain an account with an acquiring financial institution to receive credit for credit card transactions. Daily credit card totals are deposited into the merchant's account minus any fees.
- Additional Property — Definition,
- A property that is owned by the person that is not being financed.